We invest in our employees careers and professional development at St. John’s
St. John’s is staffed by an experienced and dedicated team of 350 individuals, across both the school and college sites.
All of our staff, regardless of their role, are trained in the support, development, and protection of children and young adults and share a commitment to enabling our C&YP to achieve their personal aspirations.
Onboarding New Colleagues
We have a clear and robust onboarding process when recruiting new colleagues into our organisation. Our HR team meet with individuals before they are booked onto training dates to copy their ID, safeguard them and undertake a full enhanced DBS application. You can see our onboarding journey here.
Benefits of working for us
We are truly committed to the wellbeing of our staff. We strive to ensure our colleagues feel nurtured and supported. We recognise the challenging nature of our environment and work hard to ensure there is accessible and free support for our staff.
- Free wellbeing and coaching service
- Free anonymous face to face and/or telephone counselling service
- Free health care cash plan that you can use for optical (contact lenses and glasses), osteopathy, chiropractor, acupuncture, dental treatment etc.
- Opportunities to obtain industry recognised qualifications and training
- Discounts at local cinemas and gyms
- Discounted yoga and massage classes
- A structured performance development programme each year designed around you and your aspirations for your career and development
- Opportunities to develop and grow upwards and side wards across the charity
- Salary reviews after probation (dependant on role) and on an annual basis
- Bonuses (dependant on role)
- Colleague recognition awards
- Opportunities to work flexibly (within parameters of your role and charity requirements)
- Length of service awards
- NEST and Teacher pension packages
St. John’s Organisational Values
At St. John’s, we have key colleague values, which we expect all colleagues to share and mirror in their practise. These values are to help guide us. We’re all different so our values inspire each of us in unique ways. As we think about what they mean to us personally then each of us can carry these values on a daily basis and bring them alive to make amazing things happen in everything that we do, especially working with our children and young people. Our values are: