We invest in employee careers and professional development
St. John’s is staffed by an experienced and dedicated team of 350 people, across both the School (Seaford) and College (Brighton) sites.
All of our staff, regardless of their role, are trained in the support, development, and protection of children and young people and share a commitment to enabling them to achieve their aspirations.
Welcoming new colleagues
We have a clear onboarding process when new colleagues come to St. John’s. Our HR team meet with successful applicants, before they are booked onto a range of training modules, to manage the safeguarding process and undertake a full enhanced DBS application. You can see our onboarding journey here.
Benefits of working at St. John's
We are committed to the well-being of our staff. We strive to ensure our colleagues feel nurtured and supported. We recognise that, although St. John’s is a great place to work, it can also be a challenging environment and we work hard to ensure there is accessible and free support for our staff.
- Free well-being and coaching service
- Free anonymous face-to-face and/or telephone counselling service
- Free health care cash plan for optical (contact lenses and glasses), osteopathy, chiropractor, acupuncture, dental treatment etc.
- Opportunities to obtain industry recognised qualifications and training
- Discounts at local cinemas and gyms
- Discounted yoga and massage classes
- A yearly structured performance development programme designed around you and your career & development aspirations
- Opportunities to develop and grow upwards and sidewards across the charity
- Salary reviews after probation (dependant on role) and on an annual basis
- Bonuses (dependant on role)
- Colleague recognition awards
- Opportunities to work flexibly (within parameters of your role and charity requirements)
- Length of service awards
- NEST and Teacher pension packages.
At St. John’s, we have key values which all colleagues aim to share and mirror in their practice. Our values are: