Building Futures is an ambitious project which will create a state-of-the-art residential unit that provides accommodation for learners from St. John’s College. The bespoke accommodation will, be informed by our learners’ experiences, be rooted in the community, incorporate the latest assistive and connected technology and help the resident learners to develop their independence to the highest possible level.
The project will create a building that not only delivers the best possible outcomes for the learners but also is built to the highest standards of sustainability and energy efficiency, developing a model of best practice for residential accommodation that can be shared throughout the sector.
We need the support of individuals, companies and grant funders to raise in excess of £1,000,000 to deliver the vision of this exciting project to improve outcomes:
- Learners able to live more independent lives
- Learners with better personal care skills
- Improved personal safety skills
- More opportunities for learners to secure paid employment
- Learners able to safely use and benefit from connected technology
for the community-
- Developing carbon neutral, sustainable, low impact residential accommodation
- A reduction in ongoing support needs and costs
- Providing greater opportunities for employers to develop a more diverse workforce
- Breaking down barriers with the wider community by meeting and getting to know learners
for the charity and peer organisations-
- Opportunities for partnership working
- Modelling an environment that requires less carer intervention
- Demonstrating the integration of latest technology to support learners’ independence
- Opportunity to share innovative solutions and best practice with other organisations
- Reducing charity funds spent on rent and building the charity’s asset base.