Situated in the heart of Brighton, St. John’s College provides learners aged 19 to 25 with the skills and qualifications they need for a fulfilling adult life.
The curriculum offer at St. John’s is tailored to meet the needs of the individual, supporting them towards achieving their long term goals and aspirations. Their learning route is planned over a three year period.
Our students are streamed into three capability groups which help define their learning Pathway. These Pathways towards their long term goals help guide the young people through a qualification route. They are not, however, constrained to only one route because we understand that many of our young people have ‘spiky’ profiles.
AT ST. JOHN’S COLLEGE LEARNERS WILL:
- Have a personalised programme of learning and the opportunity to access the work based learning areas and be taught by subject specialist Lecturers and Facilitators
- Access Literacy, Numeracy and Personal Social & Health Education
- Be given the opportunity to pursue their specialist interests and have this implemented into their three year curriculum
- Be encouraged, at all times, to work to their fullest potential with regards to their independence
- Have access to a variety of vibrant and age appropriate learning environments that reflect their needs, such as our café providing real work experience, theatre for performing arts, fully equipped music and recording studios and construction workshop.
- Work towards numerous qualifications, such as City & Guilds Personal Progress and Skills for Working Life qualifications, BTECs in IT, Business, Horticulture and Construction and Trinity House Arts Awards