Our waking day curriculum extends learning, for residential learners, from the college day through into the evenings and weekends.
Our multi-disciplinary team ensures that environments, activities and resources are structured to enable practice, reinforcement and consolidation of skill development.
Naturally, this is focused around social interaction, community access, travel training and daily living skills.
Learners are supported to translate their skills into daily living, recreation and work-related activities, which they take forward into their future adult lives.
Residential learners are set personalised learning targets in their house setting, which are monitored by the house staff and communicated to education staff.
There are four key curriculum learning areas:
At St. John’s, we are committed to our young people’s wellbeing, personal development and future aspirations.
- We develop communication, the basis of engagement in society
- We focus on skill development, the basis of a productive life
- We promote independence, a fundamental human right
- We passionately believe that all our learners can access and contribute to the world of work.
Click here to see our current accredited qualifications: accreditation chart
The college day runs:
- Monday 9.25am – 4.00pm
- Tuesday to Thursday 9.00am – 4.00pm
- Fridays 9.00am – 3.00pm.
Tutor time is scheduled for 30 minutes, at the start and end of each day.