The transition team
We recognise that transition is a stressful, emotional and challenging time for parents, children & young people alike.
St. John’s has a dedicated transition team, who will work with parents and young people to help achieve the best possible future placements post education.
The transition team have strong links with the local community and outside agencies, and will work with you to explore options supporting you and learners through the process of moving on.
Our transition team provide services including:
- Working as part of the initial assessment team on arrival at St. John’s to find out what learners’ aspirations are and help achieve them
- Supporting learners by coordinating and leading regular transition planning meetings
- Support learners by researching, identifying and visiting future services and living arrangements in collaboration with the family and outside agencies
- Attend Annual Reviews to support transition planning to ensure learners aspirations are considered throughout the process and, if necessary, facilitate independent advocacy services
- Arrange Alumni events for ex-learners to keep in touch. Our Alumni Facebook page can be found here